Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mischief

Last night as I was walking outside to put dinner on the grill, Evan, soda bottle in hand, stopped suddenly and looked at me with a surprised and guilty look.

"What are you doing Evan" I asked. Knowing full well that he intended to empty the contents of the recycling bin into his wading pool. A little game we have been trying to discourage.

"Ummmmm" he was looking for his lie. "I, ummmm, I just looking at these bricks." he said pointing to the house.

His first out right lie! And it was funny! I was impressed with his clever attempt at deceit. But I decided I should try to make an honest man out of him so I ask, "Are you sure you weren't going to put all the recycling in to your pool?"

"Yeah... I just put them in my pool."

And how could I argue with that?

1 comment:

Chanikynes said...

He he, smart little guy you got there. Smart enough to try and fool his mom ;-)

Carrie