Monday, January 28, 2008

First Day of School

Evan began preschool today, and I am happy to announce that he loves it! Upon our arrival this morning, I was nervous, but hopeful. Would he follow directions? Participate with the group? Would he meltdown? Would he have the time of his life? He gave Eli and me kisses goodbye, and without further fanfare I left.

When I returned 3 hours later he was having a snack. When he saw me he happily proclaimed that he was EATING GOLDFISH! Then he told me about painting (one of his favorite activities), the book they read about snowmen, and the cool trucks he got to play with. He was so excited, and so was I. As we put on jacket and boots to leave, Evan went and hugged his teachers goodbye. Yes, my son, the one who demonstrably hates goodbyes hugged his teachers. The same teachers who were strangers to him just hours before.

As we piled into the car, he found Blue Fish, his big stuffed fish from the story One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss, and held him on his lap. As we pulled out of the parking lot he proceeded to tell me how happy Blue Fish was. I was beaming from the front seat. If Blue Fish is happy - Evan is happy. If Evan is happy - all is well with the world.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Hi! It's Miss Lara:) Evan looks so happy and very grown up! It seems like it's been forever! It looks like you're back in New Hampshire.. Where is he going to school? Are you taking him to LF&P? I can't believe how fast time goes and how big he has become! Give him Hugs and Kisses for me! His kisses were the best because he made me work so hard to get one! LOL

Lara said...

If you would like to email me directly my email address is larammarden@yahoo.com. i would really love to keep in touch! I miss you all so very much!