Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Lunchbox

Evan is eating lunch at school now. So each morning this week I packed him a little borwn bag to take to school. Yesterday, however, while I was out shopping I found a very cute monkey lunchbox. I was thinking practically (and environmentally), but for Evan it was love at first sight. He carried the lunchbox through the store, handed it to the cashier long enough for scanning and then took it back. When we got home he took his new lunchbox to bed for his nap. Then proceeded to carry it with him all evening - it rode in the back of his bike, it came to the dinner table, and even sat on the couch so the monkey could watch Evan and Daddy play football. The monkey lunchbox was there for bath time, although not in the tub, and then of course into bed last night. He even had me talk to "Friendly Monkey Lunchbox"as he calls him, but not just 'Hi, How are you?' I had to talk "Alot" to him.

This morning he couldn't wait for me to put his lunch in the box. He instructed me where everything should go and scolded me for putting the jucie on the wrong side. Then he carried his packed lunchbox upstairs so he could get dressed and brush his teeth. Then, finally, the packed lunchbox made it to it's ultimate destination - the lunch box shelf at school. I had feared he would insist on the lunchbox playing with him at school, but it didn't seem to be an issue. When I returned to pick him up this afternoon he was eating his lunch with Friendly Monkey Lunchbox smiling beside him.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Jessie, Welcome home guys. Jess starts a modified Pre-K program on Wednesday and we MUST have Friendly Monkey lunch box. Where did you get it?

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, is that SHORT hair on Evan?! Whatever did you do, Jessie, to deserve it?

I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to visit in less than 2 weeks!

1Kathleen said...

Jessie, thank you so much for the Friendly Monkey - Jess just love it and it is all the talk of pre-K class.