Sunday, May 11, 2008

Grocery Store


We made a family outing to the grocery store tonight. The boys and I usually go during the day, but tonight Pat joined us. Given the delighful addition of an extra set of hands we were able to split up to tackle the list. I stopped at the deli to order the cold cuts and Pat and the boys got ahead. As the man from the deli was slicing the cheese (insert your own fart joke here) we heard the sound of Eli shrieking with delight at the top of his lungs. Immediately followed by Evan joining in unison. The store was otherwise quiet on this Sunday night, except for the noisy mischief coming from the Kaplo cart. The man at the deli shook his head and said "Wow".
I blushed. "That one is mine." I said.

"Doesn't sound like much fun." He offered sympathetically.

"Actually" I countered, "Believe it or not, those are happy noises. It's more fun than it sounds".

He smiled and shook his head one more time ,"I'm sure it is."

I claimed my cheese and set out to find the cart full of shrieking children, which was easy to track. I found them six aisles away (yes, six), still shrieking and laughing as they drew smiles from their fellow shoppers.

No comments: