Thursday, May 22, 2008

Strep Throat Strikes Again!

Just when I thought our lives were returning to normal, Strep Throat came back to haunt us. It started with Eli who with a burning fever spent Saturday night vomiting. Sunday morning the vomiting stopped, but the fever wouldn't go down. We got an appointment at the doctor for Sunday afternoon. By the time we arrived at the office Eli's fever was nearly 105. My sleep deprived anxiety was in high gear.

But, as it turns out, it was Strep Throat. After a dose of Motrin that stayed down, Eli's fever broke. But he was still feeling miserable.

By the time I went to bed on Sunday night my throat was suspiciously soar and I had the chills. Awesome! Sure enough by morning I could barely function. Off to the doctor with me. You guessed it, Strep Throat.

We're all on the mend. And so far Evan has remained well. I am cautiously optimistic, but given our luck with health this month, I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

1Kathleen said...

Ohhh man do I feel your pain. Jacob is the KING of strep throat - he can actually tell when he is getting strep, before his throat is red, before the fever, before any outward sign he will tell me that we need to go to the doctor because he is getting strep thoat again. It is like he can feel the bug hit his throat. Each time I take him to the doctor they say his throat looks fine, do a swab and are surprised to find a positive result for strep.
Hope you all feel/stay well.