Friday, June 27, 2008

The batting cage

Last night we made a family outing to "Mel's" a family entertainment complex complete with go-carts, batting cages, mini golf, ice cream, and perhaps most exciting waterfalls!

Pat went inside to buy tokens for the go-carts but instead came out with a baseball bat. To my chagrin he gave Evan a helmet and brought him into the slow-pitch softball batting cage. Call me crazy, or over protective, or a fun spoiler (they're all true) but I was afraid that Evan was going to get beemed by a ball.

I should have had more faith in Evan's abilities. Despite the fact he is not yet four, and just barely over 3 feet tall, Evan was making contact with the ball! He had a couple of solid hits and a whole bunch of foul balls. He was delighted with himself and begged to go again. This time I was happy to oblige.

No comments: